Thursday, December 02, 2004

Power corrupts..

I LOVE that I can add a post to this. It's like I'm commandeering someone else's blog for a moment. Makes me feel like a hacker.

Just so you know... I just skewed the voting. My second vote was for the 15th. So now you know who voted to give Sus her leisure time in reading (and you'd think she'd be grateful that I supported such a luxury, but nooo...).

Should we invite Dylan? I haven't talked to him in eons.

How 'bout Lyn? C'mon... you know you wanna...

All I have to add to Sus's rules are some common Children's Lit. things and Cathie&Bloomers type things:

1. The word cute is not a compliment and should never come into the discussion as praise.
2. We don't care what kids will think about it. We care what WE think about it. And we ESPECIALLY don't care what the kids in your classroom think about it now that all of our book club choices are a part of your curriculum.
3. You MAY NOT make any statements that are not actually statements and expect anyone to understand you. Statements such as: "I was totally like... Oh my God! Y'know? I mean, it's totally like french french french..."
4. All Children's Lit. peeps must make an effort and be nice to non-Ch. Lit. peeps, and keep inside jokes and allusions, like the ones above, to a minimum. If you can possibly help it. (I know sometimes I can't.)

Fair 'nuff?

Sarah, another clue on TMWB - I was going to construct a rule about NOT replying to each post as though it is a personal email nodding to your expertise and asking for enlightenment.

D'OH! I did it again!

8 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Jo, I hope you know that by rule #3 you're only hurting yourself. It means you can't use "mad" in front of any adjective or noun. Like "mad props" or "mad crazy" or "mad TMWB." Wait, that last one is okay.

And yes, let's invite Dyl.

Sarah said...

That'd be awesome to have Dylan. Can someone email me his current email address and I'll send and invite?

Sarah said...

Dylan has been invited to join - I used his yahoo address (thanks Susan). Jo, do you have J.Elizabeth's addy?

JoBiv said...

I just tried to email jLiz and her comcast addy didn't work. :( I'll have to look through the last letter she sent me and see if she sent me an updated address. (Writing... memo... on... forehead...)

Damn. Shoulda wrote it backwards.

meeralee said...

But... but... WHERE are Sus's rules? And where is the RULES website Sarah says she just set up? Why do I feel like I walked into the middle of a party?

:-)

Hook me up, people! What is TMWB? Too Much Whitman Bullshit?

Eunice Burns said...

Omigod, Meera, I love you and have missed you dearly.

I'll give you a hint (i.e. giveaway) for TMWB. The T stands for The (but we won't alphabetize it according to this, thanks). The B stands for Bugs. The W stands for Who. The M stands for a religion (minus the -ism). Everyone clear now?

Our favorite YA-latcher-on-er is the original MWB, and the aforementioned person is actually the OTHER MWB.

Try to stay with me, folks.

JoBiv said...

HA! I didn't realize how interchangeable they were in my mind until your clarifying post, Sus! Sorry guys...

Sarah said...

Dear Friends,

I didn't post the RULES website because it looks like crap right now. That should be fixed soon - like today, if I want to procrastinate on the things I'm sposed to be doing...