Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Howdy Doo!

Okay, if Susan can figure out how to post, then no one else should have a problem. Ha ha. Ha. Can someone email me Elizabeth's email? I know she's got a handful with Nora and not tons of time, but I want to invite her.

I've put some initial stuff on here - your local library catalogs, some bookstores that you may frequent. If you think of other things, or if something is wrong, just email me. I am going to figure out how to get an image of whatever book we are reading on the sidebar.

There's been positive feedback on reading Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. The libraries all have it and it's out in paperback, so it shouldn't be too challenging to get ahold of. (cue drumroll) That will be our first book, then!

At this point, when should we open discussion? January 1st? Or wait until Jan 15th, going with the middle of each month? Or perhaps just choose some random date?

And if anyone else has something to add to Susan's Rules, do tell and I'll put them up, all nice and official-like.

2 comments:

JoBiv said...

I think we need a team cheer. Or perhaps we can just stand in a circle and chant "Hedgehog Rumpus, Hedgehog Rumpus" like middle-aged, slightly drunk Scottish rugby players until others are duly intimidated.

JoBiv said...

I also meant to say that as for deadlines, the 37th of the month would work just fine for me. :) Who do we beg for extensions? Actually, I've been ripping through books lately, so the first wouldn't be a problem for me, but given the holidays I can see how other people might need more time. The 15th, then! Yes ma'ams!