Friday, December 03, 2004

Decisions, decisions

This is great! People are coming together. Love is being shared. Ah. I'm all warm inside. Not really - the library is damn cold this morning.

I started a RULES website. There are still things to hash out, if anyone is interested in hashing. I'm always up for a good slinging of hash.
  1. How to chose books? Gather a bunch of suggestions and vote? It would be nice if we could decide on books for the next couple/few months - that way, the book can be put on hold at the library if necessary (may need to with newer books) or one can track down a used/new copy at a bookstore.
  2. I came across a site where each member was allowed to ban one author and one book. I like that. That way, Susie can't force her V.C. Andrews obsession on us. Just kidding. My Sweet Audrina was one of my favorite books when I was in jr. high, actually. And I loved the Flowers in the Attic series. HOW SCANDALOUS!
  3. Too bad we aren't meeting in person; we could do these book group suggested icebreaker games...hee hee.

Yee haw.


5 comments:

JoBiv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

What browser are you using? Or do you have some funky high security on your comp?

Eunice Burns said...

Okay, f'real, you're missing out if you haven't read V.C. Andrews. Maybe we could throw one of those in just for the fun of it. Maybe an interim book? Or a summer read?

I have another rule, and I think it's a really stupid one, but somehow I feel like saying it. What if we have a rule that in that little box to the right, you can put yourself as any name EXCEPT a person in the book club? This may be 5th-grade-ish (not to mention completely unnecessary), but somehow I have this fear that someone will do that and it's funny for a second but then not really because how do we know when someone is posing as someone else or just fooling around or really is that person? Can you tell I've been burned by this before?

So in the interest of being silly, you can do celebrities, or people we all know, or people we don't know, just not actual members of the book club.

I'm paranoid, aren't I? Someone please tell me I'm crazy.

JoBiv said...

You're crazy. And we like it. Agreed...

Sarah said...

HAha - you are Mavis as of now. Okay, not really.

Sounds like a good rule to me!