Friday, January 06, 2006

Votes are In

...or at least six of them are, and that's a great turnout!

February's book is Full Service by Will Weaver, one of The Horn Book's Best Books of 2005.

Embarrasingly, the only other book on the list I've even looked at is Prehistoric Actual Size by Steve Jenkins, though I plan to read Hilary McKay's third Casson family book Permanent Rose and The Minister's Daughter by Julie Hearn. I may add one of those to the Wish List...

My copy of Black Hole arrived yesterday (along with the ReadyMade book, hooray hooray) and that is one solid chunk of a tome! Not as thick as Blankets but quite substantial. Can't wait to start.

3 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Random thoughts from Susan: I just bought Prehistoric Actual Size yesterday! WEIRD. Is Julie Hearn MPH's long-lost wife? Cool ReadyMade book, 'Sparagus. I just started Black Hole the other day and it has already given me weird dreams. What's up with no page numbers??

Sarah said...

I think maybe because it was released as individual comics issues first?

Though you think they could have squeezed them in at the bottom...

And the reason I looked at the Jenkins book was because you'd been considering sending his first Actual Size book to Jackson when I visited last year. Or two years ago, now. Whatever. I miss being only a state away from you, Eunice!

Eunice Burns said...

I know, Arahsae! I did get Jack that last year, and now this year I'm going to give him Prehistoric, although I'm still considering giving Kelly that one (her first birthday is in two weeks). Anyway, instead of reading all those books (seriously, my eyes popped when I read that you read 140 books last year -- I was lucky to squeeze in probably 20!), why doncha come visit??