Thursday, May 12, 2005

June

I just have to say that I saw Fortune's Bones in a bookstore a couple of weeks ago, and it looks stunning. Otherwise, I vote strongly for nonfiction. Anything by Russell Freedman (although I've already read the Marian Anderson book, so maybe this), or Jim Murphy (who I'd be willing to reread, even, but I don't know about Kristin -- An American Plague is wonderful, as is Blizzard. And finally, don't tell Susan but I never made it through this, which could be fascinating.

That's me. To make up for my woeful silence on this month's book. (My verdict: Cool.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, I'm an ass (Susie, no comment). My library has the Nelson book and I didn't even know.

It pops up in the other libraries as well, so it would be a viable option.

April was National Poetry Month - a late reading?

kshingbo said...

Nonfiction rocks. It's two-for-one: you get an entertaining story AND you learn about something that really happened.