Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Feedback

Well, here's my 2 cents:

Bound: looks v. interesting; fairy tale w/o the fairy, seems to remind me of Jane Yolen's Briar Rose with the combo of fairy tale and real life.

The Mount: futuristic sci-fi suggestion for the month of June.

The Race to Save the Lord God Bird: biological non-fiction, for some reason this doesn't really pique my interest (perhaps b/c I've been using the Rumpus as an escape from science, thesis, etc.)

The Voice that Challenged a Nation: tidbit of trivia--James DePreist (Director of the Oregon Symphony among others) is Marian Anderson's nephew.

Our choices have somewhat centered around activism...wellm Hoot and Outcasts anyway. Perhaps the non-fictionophiles would like a break from all these imaginary stories.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you a non-fictionophile?

Lady Digby said...

no, I avoid the stuff like the plague. Its man-reading. No, just kidding. I just think real life can be boring. Just kidding again. It'd be good to get some non-fiction that isn't news under my belt.