Thursday, January 13, 2005

Why I'm the newest hedgehog

10) Meera told me I had to make new friends, since my current cohort is too old for me.

9) Oprah books depress me, and I've already read all of Jane Austen.

8) I don't get enough mental stimulation at school.

7) I've already watched The West Wing seasons 1-3, and Gilmore Girls is on winter recess.

6) Though she was intimidating on first impression (wearing all black and huddled in the corner of Jenn's room at the beginning of college), Meera is actually quite huggable, and has good taste in people.

5) I am convinced that it might help me uncover the role of the SSU processome protein Utp6 in 18S rRNA biogenesis.

4) I have an explainable fascination with Owen.

3) I don't have nearly enough blogging experience.

2) Meera waved a knife at me because I was talking too much about dancing.

1) The cover of Hoot is blue, and that is my favorite color.

3 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Welcome to the rumpus! We are happy to have you. And I promise to lay low with the fancy abbreviations and inside jokes if you keep your Utp6 and SSU processomes to yourself.

And I must know: What is your "explainable" fascination with Owen? I mean, he is super adorable, but it sounds like there's an interesting backstory... And we all love interesting backstories...

Erica said...

Eh, it's not that interesting. He has a security blanket. So do I. Unfortunately, mine no longer works well as a superhero cape, so I prefer to live vicariously through him and his blanket.

JoBiv said...

I like blue, too. I guess you can stay. Welcome, Erica!