Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cooler Than We

I had lunch with Cathie today and I asked her what Dawn (Emerman) was doing, and she told me about her fabulous and shiny blog, which I promptly searched for when I got home. Look! It's here and she rocks, and I thought you all should know. And be inspired to update here more regularly (except for Sarah, who is the update-Queen and doesn't need inspiring).

Hooray for Dawn and her crusade for healthy depictions of sex and female sexuality in YA books! And hooray for her first novel being finished -- see what I mean about inspiration?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I probably need discouraging.

Did you tell Cathie about the Hedgehogs?

I always thought she and Bloomers would be pleased that we were doing this -- proud, even.

meeralee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meeralee said...

Bloomers knows -- I think Jo told her. I didn't mention it to Cathie, but I'm sure she's heard a whiff of it.

I want to be more consistent about posting so that they'll be even prouder. I'm going to try to think up ways to keep the discussion going for longer. And there are people I really want to hear from, whose names might start with D or J and end with ana or liz...

(I deleted my previous comment because of an embarrassing typo that made a certain person's name into a dirty word. I don't want to talk about it.)

JoBiv said...

I kind of resent the implication that ANYONE is cooler than we. How is that possible?

meeralee said...

While of course no mere human could pretend to the heights of hedgehogdom, I chose that title because I really admire the dedication Dawn shows in writing so regularly. I know it's a different kind of site, for a different purpose -- but I also know our combined brains are capable of more chatter here, and I want to rise to the challenge. Also, I can never come up with good titles.

Sarah said...

Her blog is awesome -- purpose + insightful writing = AWESOME.

I'd like to focus on something, anything at this point; I spend all my time frantically reading to shrink my TBR pile and disliking my job.

I need to get out of AL.