Monday, April 11, 2005

Misc Chasing Vermeer Sites

+ Scholastic's Chasing Vermeer site, with a pentominoes game and the solution to the puzzle in the illustrations.

+ Caillebotte's Rainy Day.

+ Vermeer's The Geographer.

+ The Lady Writing also by Vermeer.

++++ The Geographer and The Lady can also be found under the dust jacket on your books. Of course, I didn't find that out until I'd finished the book and looked the images up online.

Has anyone seen his work in person? I don't think I have.
Discussion opens Friday!

4 comments:

JoBiv said...

Yes! Some in London, some in New York, and I swear there's a small one in the Isabella Stewart Gardener. They're luminous.

JoBiv said...

and this is actually my favorite (poor quality here, but you get the idea)

http://www.artprints-on-demand.co.uk/noframes/vermeer/woman_blue.htm

meeralee said...

My dad has always loved Girl With a Pearl Earring. Anyone see that movie?

Sarah said...

Not I, nor read the book by the same name.

Too bad we don't have the $$$ to go on a group field trip to see some real Vermeers.